What is Zapier?
Zapier is a web automation tool described as the "glue" that connects hundreds of other web apps and services, allowing them to work together seamlessly.
With Zapier, you can create automated workflows known as Zaps. These workflows start with a trigger, an event in the first app that kicks off the workflow, and end with an action, which is an event completed automatically in a second app.
What is Zapier used for?
Zapier is a web automation tool used to connect web apps and services. It's used to automate and streamline your online workflows without coding, whether automating things like social media, project management, note-taking, email, or meetings.
In social media marketing, Zapier is often used to streamline social media and content creation processes. For example, Zapier can be used with Buffer, a social media management tool, to send new WordPress blog posts to your Buffer queue or schedule posts created in your Google Sheets spreadsheet to be shared on social media via Buffer. By automating your workflows, you can save time on the manual stuff and open up time for the more important (and fun) creative work.
Which apps and services can be integrated with Zapier?
Zapier offers integrations with over 5,000 different apps, making it likely that you can connect with most of the tools you're using to automate your existing workflow processes.
Check all of the apps that Zapier integrates with here.
Is Zapier free?
Zapier does offer a free plan, which includes 5 single-step Zaps, a 15-minute update time, and up to 100 tasks per month. The free plan is mainly built for users who need the basics of automation.
Zapier also offers a free 14-day trial of their Professional plan, which users are automatically enrolled into when creating a new Zapier account.
Can I use Zapier to automate my social media posts?
Yes, Zapier is a great tool to automate your social media posts. For example, with Zapier, you could automate things like sending tagged articles from your RSS feed directly to your Facebook Page, sending new WordPress blog posts to your social media scheduling tool of choice, automatically sharing your Instagram posts to every social network, or market new products as social media posts as soon as you add them to your online store.
Can I use Zapier with Buffer?
Zapier is an official Buffer partner that lets you connect Buffer with other apps, enabling you to automate your work without coding and share your content from anywhere to everywhere. With Buffer's Zapier integration, you can send content from over 400 apps to Buffer, including:
- Schedule content to Pinterest
- Publish Instagram Stories
- Use an RSS feed to automatically send your new content to Buffer for social media sharing
- Add content to your Pinterest social channels in Buffer
- Update Buffer's content calendar and schedule posts to be shared on social media from Google Sheets rows
- Share new Tumblr posts from the dashboard via Buffer
- Add WordPress blog posts automatically to Buffer
- And literally hundreds more options
How do I connect Zapier with Buffer?
Here's a step-by-step guide to getting started with Buffer and Zapier:
- Sign up for Zapier and Buffer: The first step is to sign up for Zapier and Buffer. They offer free plans, or you can try a paid plan for 14 days. Once you've signed up, you can connect your social media accounts to Buffer.
- Create a Zap in Zapier: Next, create a Zap in Zapier. A Zap is an automated workflow that connects two or more apps. For example, you might want a Zap that automatically publishes new blog posts to Buffer. Click the "Make a Zap" button in your Zapier dashboard to create a Zap. Then, select the app that triggers the Zap, such as your blogging platform, a spreadsheet app, or a note-taking app. Next, choose the action that triggers the Zap. In the case of a blog, it might be a "New Post." This means that every time you publish a new blog post, the Zap will be triggered.
- Connect Zapier and Buffer: Once you've set up the trigger, you must connect Zapier and Buffer. To do this, select Buffer as the action app and sign in to your Buffer account. Then, select the social media profiles to which you want to share the blog post.
- Map the data: After connecting Zapier and Buffer, you'll need to map the data from your source to the social media profiles you want to publish it to. For example, you might map the blog post title to the social media post text and the blog post URL to the social media post URL.
- Test and activate your Zap: Once you've mapped the data, test your Zap to ensure it works correctly. If everything looks good, activate your Zap.
And that's it. You're on your way to becoming an automation and productivity hero!
Need a hand growing followers?
Kickstart your social media growth with Buffer!
Zapier integrates with more than 400 different web apps, so most marketers are bound to be able to find ways to use it. Here are some of our favorites.
We’re excited to launch our completely revamped Zapier integration, enabling you to share your content to and from thousands of apps.
In this article, Anna Burgess Yang details how the automation process she uses for content repurposing.